The OCCA launched Love and Help Activity on February 4th. We have helped shopping and necessary errands for many returned travelers in voluntary quarantines at home which benefit local communities in Covid19 epidemic prevention and reflected our sense of social responsibility.
The elderly are at high-risk group in the Covid-19 pandemics. With financial assistance from Service Canada / New Horizon for Seniors Program and support of our devoted volunteer team, the OCCA is expanding the Love & Help for shopping and necessary errands to residents over 65 isolated at home.
The services are currently available in the neighborhoods of Rutland, Springfield & Spall, Kelowna downtown, Upper Mission, Kettle Valley, Glenmore, Westbank and Peachland. If you are not resided in these areas, but need help or can serve as volunteer, please contact us. For updated infos, please visit our website: www.occabc.ca
The Administrative rules of Love and Help:
1) The services for returned travellers are: to drive your vehicle to the airport parking lot for you to drive home by self and may provide 10 masks free of charge.
2) Food and necessity shopping for returned travellers quarantining at home and for residents over 65. The service is free and the clients pay own bills.
3) We encourage those need help to allocate friends and neighbours to help. We will provide masks and mileage allowance in the same way as to our volunteers.
4) . A deposit of $100/family must be made to the OCCA prior to service starting. The deposits will be refunded upon un-subscription or program closing if all purchase bills were refunded in full to the volunteers. Deposit can be waved by the volunteers
5) All financial transitions will be handled via e-transfer methods. Our volunteers will coach the technology in case need.
6) Shopping and delivery time will be scheduled by the volunteers.
Please provide you name, address and phone to register for receiving services via email: email@example.com or Wechat or call our helpline 778-484-6222.